Global titanium bicycle market is growing rapidly.
List of Patents and Patent applications
- Z. Zak Fang et al., Powder metallurgy methods for the production of fine and ultrafine grain Ti and Ti alloys, US patent 9,816,157 B2
- Z. Zak Fang et al., Methods of producing a titanium product, US Patent App. 14/935,245
- Z. Zak Fang et al., Molten salt de-oxygenation of metal powders, US Patent App. 15/314,464
- Ying Zhang et al., Methods of deoxygenating metals having oxygen dissolved therein in a solid solution, US Patent 9,669,464
List of Publications
- Z. Zak Fang et al., Hydrogen Sintering of Titanium to Produce High Density Fine Grain Titanium Alloys, Advanced Engineering Materials, 14 (2012): 383-387.
- Pei Sun et al., An Experimental Study of the (Ti-6Al-4V)-xH Phase Diagram using in situ Synchrotron XRD and TGA/DSC Techniques, Acta Materialia 84(2015):29-41.
- Pei Sun, et al., Phase Transformations and Formation of Ultra-fine Microstructure during Hydrogen Sintering and Phase Transformation (HSPT) Processing of Ti-6Al-4V, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 46(2015):5546-5560.
- James Paramore et al., A powder metallurgy method for manufacturing Ti-6Al-4V with wrought-like microstructures and mechanical properties via hydrogen sintering and phase transformation (HSPT), Scripta Materialia, 107(2015): 103-106.
- James Paramore et al., Hydrogen-enable Microstructure and Fatigue Strength Engineering of Titanium Alloys, Scientific Reports, 7(2017):41444.
- Matthew K. Dustan et al., The effects of microstructure and porosity on the competing fatigue failure mechanisms in powder metallurgy Ti-6Al-4V, International Journal of Fatigue, 116(2018): 584-591
- Ying Zhang et al., Hydrogen assisted magnesiothermic reduction of TiO2, Chemical Engineering Journal 2017, 308, 299-310.
- Ying Zhang et al., A novel chemical pathway for energy efficient production of Ti metal from upgraded titanium slag, Chemical Engineering Journal 2016, 286, 517-527
- Ying Zhang et al., Thermodynamic destabilization of Ti-O solid solution by H2 and de-oxygenation of Ti using Mg, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2016, 138, 6916-6919.
- Yang Xia et al. The effect of molten salt on oxygen removal from titanium and its alloys using calcium, Journal of Materials Science 2017, 52 (7), 4120-4128
- Yang Xia et al. Hydrogen Assisted Magnesiothermic Reduction (HAMR) of Commercial TiO2 to Produce Titanium Powder with Controlled Morphology and Particle Size, Materials transactions 2017, 58 (3), 355-360
- Yang Xia et al. Hydrogen enhanced thermodynamic properties and kinetics of calciothermic deoxygenation of titanium-oxygen solid solutions 2018, 43, 11939-11951
Approximately 14% of Boeing 787 is made of titanium.